Welcome to GoArmyEd!

College Credit For MOS/Training

The American Council on Education's (ACE), Center for Lifelong Learning, via a Defense contract, evaluates the Army's training courses and each Military Occupational Specialties (MOS). 



Military Training Evaluated for Credits

Since 1945, the ACE Military Evaluations Program has evaluated formal military training in terms of academic credit, allowing thousands of Soldiers and veterans to earn credit for college-level learning acquired in the military.

The results of these evaluations, along with learning outcomes, course descriptions, and recommendations for the type and amount of credit that may be awarded, are published biennially in the Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services. Army training courses and occupational listings are in volume one of the three-volume set, which is available at installation/post Army Education Centers. The Guides and the Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript System are the standard reference tools used by the majority of U.S. colleges and universities to award credit for military learning.

The Military Evaluations Program also offers an advisory service for civilian institution officials, military education advisors, and other users who are unable to identify courses completed by service personnel and veterans. Each edition of the Guide provides appropriate request forms to be completed by applicants. College and university officials are urged to reproduce these forms and use them when searching for credit recommendations.

Joint Services Transcript (JST)

Joint Services Transcript (JST) is a military transcript that lists military coursework and occupations in terms of equivalent college credits as evaluated by ACE. The primary purpose of JST is to assist Soldiers in obtaining college credit for their military experience. The transcripts may be sent as official documents to colleges and universities at the student's request for use in the credential evaluation process.

JST Transcripts

Soldiers may obtain a transcript that translates formal military education and job experience into civilian language. The transcript includes college equivalent credit recommendations from Joint Services Transcript (JST).

Contact Information

Direct questions regarding college credit for military service to a local Army Education Center.